RSS

::SECOND BEST::

The following conversation was heard between a teenager and God:
"How long is a million years to You, Lord?"
"Oh, about a second," He replied.
"Well, how much is a million dollars to You, Lord?"
"oh, about a penny,"said God.
The teen promptly asked,
"Would You give me a penny, Lord?"
"Sure thing, "God answered, "in a second."


SECOND BEST

God has promised to take care of you. " 'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jer. 29:11). But even though your mind might tell you that it's best to wait for the Lord, there may be times when you will be tempted in your heart to lose patience and make the wrong decision.
There's one area where choosing second best is too common. A high school girl wrote, "I always thought I'd be a virgin when I got married. I made a promise to God in my sophomore year that I would never date a non-Christian. Because I had a high morals and all the popular guys at school knew they couldn't score with me, I didn't have a single date that year. By the time my junior year came, I just couldn't wait for a Christian boyfriend anymore. I started dating a guy who told me that he loved me, and believed him. I gave him what he wanted, and now I never see him anymore. I feel so cheap."
The truth of her situation is easy to understand. This girl sacrificed the permanent on the altar of the immediate. She gave up God's best and settled for second best, which was no good at all.
The point of this story is that you can trust God to keep His promises to you. God "does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind" (1 Sam 15:29). Sometimes it takes more courage to wait than take (the wrong) action. So be patient. God'ts not going to take a million years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment